.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pecado da Preguiça

From the flats and the maisonettes they're reminding us there's things to be done. But you and me, all we want to be is lazy. --- pecadodapreguica(arroba)gmail.com

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Floating like a Cannonball



Só se fala deste senhor… Damien Rice. Ele dá música a um dos grandes filmes que por aí anda nas salas de cinema: “Perto Demais”. Jude Law, Julia Roberts, Clive Owen e Natalie Portman num registo bem distante do “Beautiful Girls”. Ainda não vi o filme, mas conheço Damien Rice. E compreendo porque quem vê o filme adora ouvi-lo.

Em “Closer”, ele encanta com “The Blower’s Daughter”. Hoje num almoço com amigos, falei num tema que há muito me faz companhia nos chamados dias chuvosos, quando me sinto “California Dreamin’”. Basicamente, quando me sinto em baixo. Esta letra é ou não é soberba?


There’s still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
There’s still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
It’s still a little hard to say what's going on

There’s still a little bit of your ghost your weakness
There’s still a little bit of your face i haven't kissed
You step a little closer each day
That i can’t say what's going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love, it taught me to lie
Life, it taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball

There’s still a little bit of your song in my ear
There’s still a little bit of your words I long to hear
You step a little closer to me
So close that I can't see what's going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
'Cause it's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna scare her
It's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna lose
It's not hard to grow
When you know that you just don't know

2 Comments:

Blogger paulo rico said...

Já vi este senhor ao vivo, na única que vez esteve em Portugal. Augurei-lhe uma boa carreira.
Acho que não me enganei...

8:51 pm  
Blogger Caxolinha said...

Fui ver o filme ontem à noite. Gostei.
E curiosa que estava pra saber de quem era essa música. Boa voz que ele tem... :)

10:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home