.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pecado da Preguiça

From the flats and the maisonettes they're reminding us there's things to be done. But you and me, all we want to be is lazy. --- pecadodapreguica(arroba)gmail.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

Nostalgia

Hoje, despertar foi uma experiência dolorosa apenas compensada por uma memória aleatória que muitas saudades me trouxe. Saudades dos tempos em que se viviam dias gloriosos lá em casa com a chegada do primeiro vídeo gravador. A minha mãe costumava alugar filmes nos serviços sociais do trabalho dela e, como não percebe grande coisa de cinema, pediu sempre conselhos à pessoa que estava à frente do clube de vídeo. Um dia, “madresita” leva para casa “Willow na Terra da Magia”. Eu, o meu irmão e os meus pais passámos um serão de sábado a ver o filme e hoje não só é uma doce recordação como uma das minhas histórias favoritas.

Acho que se voltar a ver, consigo declamar a declaração de amor de Madmartigan a Sorsha de cor, sorrir nos mesmos sítios e emocionar-me com as mesmas palavras.

Madmartigan: "Oh Sorsha...wake from this hateful sleep. It deprives me of your beauty...the beauty of your eyes..."
Sorsha: "One move, jackass, and you really will be a woman."
Madmartigan: "You are my sun, my moon, my starlit sky. Without you, I dwell in darkness."
Sorsha: "What are you doing here?"
Madmartigan: "Your power has enchanted me, and I stand helpless against it. Tonight, let me worship you in my arms! I love you!"
Sorsha: "Stop saying that!"
Madmartigan: "How can I stop the beating of my heart? It pounds like never before."
Sorsha: "Out of fear."
Madmartigan: "Out of love!"
Sorsha: "I can stop it. I'll kill you."
Madmartigan: "Death next to love is trivial thing. Your touch is worth a hundred thousand deaths."

Enquanto procurava por esta maravilhosa declaração de amor na Internet, descobri também que esta não faz parte da versão original do guião. A primeira vez que a proclamação de amor de Madmartigan (*suspiro*) se faz a Sorsha era assim:

Madmartigan: I love you.
(...)Sorsha: Why did you say that?
Madmartigan: Say what?
Sorsha: I love you.
Madmartigan: Because it's true.
Sorsha: I don't believe you.
Madmartigan: I wish it weren't true. I swore I'd never let this happen. I hate you. I hate your beauty, I hate your innocence, I hate the feelings you've awakened in me. I'm in love with you, Sorsha. I don't want to be, but a power has enchanted me and I stand helpless against it. It's torture. Battle- field or prison cell was never half as cruel. I want you and I can't have you so, I want you all the more. If this were another time and another place I'd--
Sorsha: You'd what?

Hum... gosto!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elora said...

Eu até ia dizer que os nomes dos personagens eram pavorosos. Sorsha? Madmartigan? Mas depois lembrei-me do filme. Não me parece boa ideia criticar nomes de personagens desse filme. Beijinhos.

8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home